Sunday, 7 April 2019 - Tomorrowland – One World Radio has been counting down the 1000 most iconic tracks in the history of Tomorrowland for almost a week now. With just three more days and about 400 of the finest tracks to go, music fans across the world are on the edge of their seats to discover the ultimate number one in the Tomorrowland Top 1000. The winner will be announced on Thursday – exactly 100 days before the start of Tomorrowland’s 15th anniversary – and Dutch hero Laidback Luke will be mixing the final 100 tracks live in the Tomorrowland – One World Radio studio. Follow the thrilling end live on tomorrowland.com, Facebook or YouTube on Thursday between 12:00 – 18:00 CET and discover who takes the crown!
Tomorrowland is turning 15 this year and that calls for a celebration. Tomorrowland – One World Radio launched a voting poll to determine the Tomorrowland Top 1000 and the People of Tomorrow massively voted for their top 3 favorite tracks. Every day for the past week, listeners have been able to enjoy a rundown of the 1000 most iconic tracks in 15 years of Tomorrowland, hearing the best of the best from Armin Van Buuren, Avicii, Daft Punk, David Guetta, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Martin Garrix, and many more.
Make sure to tune in now as the Tomorrowland Top 1000 is approaching its climax with only about 400 tracks to go. On Thursday, exactly 100 days before the start of Tomorrowland’s 15th edition, the grand finale with the final 100 tracks and the announcement of the ultimate number one will be played. On top of that, the Dutch DJ and producer Laidback Luke – an absolute icon of the Dutch dance scene – is coming to the Tomorrowland – One World Radio studio and will be mixing the final 100 tracks live.
A couple of interesting facts about the Tomorrowland Top 1000:
- 983. Disciples – 48HRS: Disciples is the first trio artist that has been played in the Tomorrowland Top 1000.
- 963. Pryda – Frankfurt: Eric Prydz hits the Tomorrowland Top 1000 under three different names: Eric Prydz, Pryda and Cirez D.
- 960. Joe Smooth – Promised Land: this track was released in 1987 and is the oldest one in the list.
- 921. Kink – Existence: Kink is a Bulgarian techno producer; there are only two Bulgarian producers in the Tomorrowland Top 1000.
- 836. Afrojack – Pacha On Acid (Original Mix): a quarter of the tracks in the list are from Dutch DJs.
- 825. Hermitude – Hyperparadise (Flume remix): Flume is the only artist in the Tomorrowland Top 1000 with remixes, and not with his own songs.
- 813. KH aka Four Tet – Only Human: this track is Martin Solveig’s number 1.
- 808. Kai Tracid – Voyager: this track is the number 1 of Belgian DJ and producer Charlotte De Witte.
- 797. The Prodigy – Firestarter (Live): frontman Keith Flint died about a month ago; this track is the number 1 of Netsky. The Prodigy is one of Netsky’s all-time favorite bands and actually part of the reason why he started making music.
- 781. DJ Licious – Calling: the Belgian DJ played his track to Pete Tong in a restaurant in Ibiza and he received immediate support on Tong’s radio show on BBC Radio 1.
- 771. Like Mike – Memories: Like Mike’s first solo hit.
- 622. Hi-Lo – Men On Mars: Hi-Lo is an alias of the Dutch DJ and producer Oliver Heldens.
- 558. Transformer 2 – Pacific Symphony (Original Mix): the number 1 of Paul Kalkbrenner, one of the most iconic techno producers.
- 545. Push – Strange World: Armin Van Buuren’s number 1. He calls it his ultimate trance track and says it always reminds him of Tomorrowland and Belgium, and the early days of trance music.
- 511. David Guetta ft. Showtek – You Love: David Guetta was the first DJ to appear on the cover of Billboard Magazine in 2010.
- 452. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – Salinas (White Island Original Mix): the brothers’ first big hit in Belgium.
Want to find out who hits the number one in the Tomorrowland Top 1000? Tomorrowland – One World Radio will be streaming live on Thursday April 11th between 12:00 – 18:00 CET on tomorrowland.com, Facebook and YouTube.
Tune in for the Tomorrowland Top 1000 from April 2nd until April 11th, every day between 12:00 – 18:00 CET at Tomorrowland - One World Radio.