Friday, 22 May 2020 - Music fans across the world have massively voted for their favorite track in the Tomorrowland Top 1000. After compiling the 1000 finest anthems in the history of Tomorrowland into one list, One World Radio has taken listeners on a magical journey through music, counting down 100 tracks per day for the past two weeks. The late Avicii now takes the crown with his legendary anthem ‘Levels’, one of his 22 tracks in the list. The Belgian brothers Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – the highest ranked DJ duo with 29 tracks – finish on the second spot with ‘Mammoth’, while David Guetta takes the third place with his iconic classic ‘Titanium’. In a rare interview with One World Radio, Klas Bergling – the father of the late Avicii – thanks the People of Tomorrow for voting his son’s career-making signature song ‘Levels’ as the brand-new number one in the Tomorrowland Top 1000.
Watch the entire interview with Klas Bergling right here.
Klas Bergling: “My wife and I are really grateful that the People of Tomorrow have selected ‘Levels’ as the number one and their favorite record in the history of Tomorrowland. It means a lot to us and to Tim’s legacy, and of course his fans around the world. It’s a real honor. At the time, I didn’t know the record was going to be as big as it is now, but I did really like it from the start. It has such a positive intro and I was very surprised because I had been listening a lot to Tim’s house music. He took unexpected steps when he was composing and producing, and I think the mix of Etta James and house music and the way Tim did it, was amazing."
The Top 10 of the Tomorrowland Top 1000
1. Avicii – Levels (+2)
2. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Moguai – Mammoth (=)
3. David Guetta ft. Sia – Titanium (+1)
4. Swedish House Mafia – One (-3)
5. Martin Garrix – Animals (=)
6. Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like (+1)
7. Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash – Reload (+4)
8. Afrojack ft. Martin Garrix – Turn Up The Speakers (+2)
9. Swedish House Mafia – Don’t You Worry Child (+3)
10. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike ft. Martin Garrix – Tremor (-1)
The Tomorrowland Top 1000 features an excitingly eclectic compilation with a mix of the biggest all-time radio hits, legendary classics and some of the past year’s most popular bangers. With a brand-new number one at the top of the list, 2 new entries in the top 10 and more than a fifth of new entries overall (202 tracks), this year’s list had listeners on the edge of their seats.
- Swedish legend Axwell is the most popular artist in the list with no less than 33 tracks, closely followed by the highest ranked Dutch artist Martin Garrix (31 tracks), Sebastian Ingrosso (30 tracks) and Tiësto (30 tracks).
- Being a pioneering trio in the history of electronic music, Swedish House Mafia is the highest ranked trio, with all of their released songs being featured in the list.
- The Netherlands is the country that is most represented in the Tomorrowland Top 1000 with Dutch artists such as the highest ranked trance artist Armin van Buuren (29 tracks), Oliver Heldens (25 tracks), Don Diablo (23 tracks) and Afrojack (16 tracks), once again proving there are plenty of successful Dutch DJs in electronic music.
- French legend David Guetta, the only artist that attended every edition of Tomorrowland, has 27 tracks in the list and is the highest ranked French artist.
- German star Paul Kalkbrenner is the highest ranked techno DJ & producer with his track ‘Sky And Sand’ on number 14.
- Australian twin sisters NERVO are the most popular female artist with 4 tracks, while the Swedish electropop duo Icona Pop are the highest ranked female duo with ‘I Love It’ on number 69.
- This year’s highest new entry is ‘Heaven’ on number 25, Avicii’s posthumous track and emotional collaboration with Chris Martin, while Tiësto scores the highest climber with his remix of ‘Silence’, climbing 788 spots all the way up to number 68.
The thrilling finale was turned into a unique live show, with the last 50 tracks being mixed live by the dynamic Dutch duo Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano from Armin van Buuren’s iconic studio in Amsterdam, while Australian superstar Mim Nervo, half of the NERVO twin sisters, hosted the finale – inviting plenty of surprise guests on the special live broadcast to share unique stories about their highest ranked records with music fans around the world.
Tomorrowland residents Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike score the second biggest anthem in the Tomorrowland Top 1000: “’Mammoth’ was probably the biggest new record of the Tomorrowland aftermovie in 2012, which was the first aftermovie that really exploded. Over the years, the song kind of became synonymous for Tomorrowland. We play it in every single set, and it has actually never left our set. We really appreciate that this record has become part of the history of Tomorrowland.”
Trance legend Armin van Buuren’s highest ranked record is a track he made with some of his very close friends: “‘This Is What It Feels Like’ is the song of my set at Tomorrowland in 2013 when my son was just born. I just came out of the hospital and went straight to the mainstage in the pouring rain.”
Grammy award winning DJ & producer Afrojack has 16 records in the Tomorrowland Top 1000 and he was able to perfectly guess which one of his tracks was ranked the highest: “’Turn Up The Speakers’ is my favorite record to play at Tomorrowland. I’ll tell you even more: I actually still play it at every show.”
Dutch DJ and record producer Nicky Romero digs up a story about his highest ranked song ‘Toulouse’: “Steve Angello named some of his songs after cities and I thought that was awesome. At one point, I flew over Paris and I looked at the map to search for a cool name, and my eye fell on Toulouse.”
Quintino talks us through the making of his highest performing track ‘Epic’: “We started off trying something with new sounds and we sent it to Afrojack. He actually said it wasn’t really for him and he didn’t sign it. Tiësto played it at EDC for the first time and it really popped off, and then he decided to sign it.”
Most popular artists in the Tomorrowland Top 1000
1. Axwell (33 tracks)
2. Martin Garrix (31 tracks)
3. Sebastian Ingrosso (30 tracks)
4. Tiësto (30 tracks)
5. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike (29 tracks)
6. Armin van Buuren (29 tracks)
7. David Guetta (27 tracks)
8. Oliver Heldens (25 tracks)
9. Don Diablo (23 tracks)
10. Avicii (22 tracks)
Relive the entire finale of the Tomorrowland Top 1000 with the final 50 Tomorrowland Anthems live in the mix by Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano and some special guests here.