Wednesday, 10 April 2019 - To celebrate its 15th anniversary, Tomorrowland launched a voting poll to determine the Tomorrowland Top 1000. Music fans across the world massively voted for their top 3 favorite tracks and Tomorrowland – One World Radio compiled the 1000 most iconic tracks in the history of Tomorrowland into one list. After serving a complete rundown, Swedish House Mafia – the Swedish house music supergroup consisting of Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso – now takes the crown with its legendary anthem ‘One’, exactly 100 days before the start of Tomorrowland’s 15th edition. The Belgian brothers Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – with 28 tracks the most featured artists in the list – finish on the 2nd spot with the smashing ‘Mammoth’, while Avicii takes the 3rd place with his career-making signature song ‘Levels’.
Being a pioneering trio in the history of electronic music and having inspired musicians all around the world, Swedish House Mafia now hits the ultimate 1st place in the Tomorrowland Top 1000 with their massive debut single ‘One’, originally released in 2010. In total the Swedish trio has 6 tracks in the list, such as ‘Don’t You Worry Child’ and ‘Save The World’. The Belgian duo Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike are the most popular artists in the list with no less than 28 tracks. The Tomorrowland Top 1000 features 31 different nationalities and a quarter of all the songs in the list is coming from the Netherlands with Dutch DJs such as Tiësto (22 tracks), Martin Garrix (19 tracks), Armin Van Buuren (18 tracks), Don Diablo (18 tracks) and Oliver Heldens (16 tracks), once again proving there are lots of successful Dutch DJs in electronic music. The French legend David Guetta, the only artist that attended every edition of Tomorrowland, has 15 tracks in the Tomorrowland Top 1000. Danish native Kölsch is the techno DJ & producer with the most tracks in the list (12), while the Belgian leading lady Charlotte De Witte is the most popular female artist with 4 tracks.
The top 10 of the Tomorrowland Top 1000
1. Swedish House Mafia – One
2. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Moguai – Mammoth
3. Avicii – Levels
4. David Guetta ft. Sia – Titanium
5. Martin Garrix – Animals
6. Alesso ft. Tove Lo – Heroes
7. Armin Van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie – This Is What It Feels Like
8. Avicii & Nicky Romero – I Could Be The One
9. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike ft. Martin Garrix - Tremor
10. Afrojack ft. Martin Garrix ft. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – Turn Up The Speakers
Discover and relive the entire list on tomorrowland.com or in the Tomorrowland app.
Most popular artists in the Tomorrowland Top 1000
1. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike: 28 tracks
2. Tiësto: 22 tracks
3. Martin Garrix: 19 tracks
4. Armin Van Buuren: 18 tracks
5. Don Diablo: 18 tracks
6. Oliver Heldens: 16 tracks
7. David Guetta: 15 tracks
8. Avicii: 14 tracks
9. Pryda: 14 tracks
10. Calvin Harris: 13 tracks
Most popular countries in the Tomorrowland Top 1000
1. The Netherlands: 252 tracks
2. UK: 159 tracks
3. Sweden: 115 tracks
4. USA: 104 tracks
5. France: 88 tracks
6. Germany: 83 tracks
7. Belgium: 65 tracks
8. Italy: 24 tracks
9. Australia: 23 tracks
10. Canada: 23 tracks
Most popular Belgian artists in the Tomorrowland Top 1000
1. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike: 28 tracks
2. Yves V: 8 tracks
3. Netsky: 7 tracks
4. Charlotte De Witte: 4 tracks
5. Lost Frequencies: 2 tracks
Some more interesting highlights of the Tomorrowland Top 1000:
- 963. Pryda – Frankfurt: Eric Prydz hits the Tomorrowland Top 1000 under three different names: Eric Prydz, Pryda and Cirez D.
- 960. Joe Smooth – Promised Land: this track was released in 1987 and is the oldest one in the list.
- 921. Kink – Existence: Kink is a Bulgarian techno producer; there are only two Bulgarian producers in the Tomorrowland Top 1000.
- 825. Hermitude – Hyperparadise (Flume remix): Flume is the only artist in the Tomorrowland Top 1000 with remixes, and not with his own songs.
- 808. Kai Tracid – Voyager: this track is the number 1 of Belgian DJ and producer Charlotte De Witte.
- 797. The Prodigy – Firestarter (Live): frontman Keith Flint died about a month ago; this track is the number 1 of Netsky. The Prodigy is actually one of Netsky’s all-time favorite bands and part of the reason why he started making music.
- 781. DJ Licious – Calling: the Belgian DJ played his track to Pete Tong in a restaurant in Ibiza and he received immediate support on Tong’s radio show on BBC Radio 1.
- 771. Like Mike – Memories: Like Mike’s first solo hit.
- 558. Transformer 2 – Pacific Symphony (Original Mix): the number 1 of Paul Kalkbrenner, one of the most iconic techno producers.
- 545. Push – Strange World: Armin Van Buuren’s number 1. He calls it his ultimate trance track and it always reminds him of Tomorrowland and Belgium, and the early days of trance music.
- 511. David Guetta ft. Showtek – You Love: David Guetta was the first DJ to appear on the cover of Billboard Magazine in 2010.
- 452. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – Salinas (White Island Original Mix): the brothers’ first big hit in Belgium.
- 381. Alesso ft. Roy English – Cool: the Swedish DJ and producer Alesso opened for Madonna’s MDNA Tour in 2012. She called him ‘the next big thing in dance music’.
- 315. Tiësto – Traffic: this single from 2003 was the first instrumental track to reach the number 1 on the Dutch top 40 chart in 23 years.
- 274. Deorro – Yee: this track is built entirely around one melody, which is continuously playing from the beginning till the end.
- 185. The Chainsmokers ft. ROZES – Roses: Roses was almost entirely recorded at Drew’s apartment in New York City with just basic equipment. Alex and Drew invited ROZES to come over and most of the track was written on that same day.
- 166. Diplo ft. GTA – Boy Oh Boy: the most played track at Tomorrowland in 2013.
- 161. Avicii ft. Sebastien Drums – My Feelings For You: in his early days, Avicii did a lot of collaborations with Sebastien Drums.
- 156. Energy 52 – Café Del Mar (Three ‘n’ One Remix): number 1 of Dimitri Vegas. According to him, this track embodies what Ibiza and electronic music is all about.
- 117. Martin Garrix – Pizza: pizza is Garrix’s favorite food. He likes his pizza best with cheese, truffle and mushrooms.
- 93. Calvin Harris – Feel So Close: the Scottish singer-songwriter, DJ and producer has written a lot of songs, but this is his personal favorite written by himself.
- 71. Coldplay – A Sky Full Of Stars (Hardwell Remix): Avicii co-wrote and co-produced this legendary song.
- 69. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike ft. Ummet Ozcan – The Hum: this track is inspired on the movie The Wolf of Wall Street with Leonardo DiCaprio.
- 66. Kygo ft. Conrad Sewell – Firestone: the Norwegian’s first original record after a lot of remixes and bootlegs.
- 48. Nari & Milani – Atom: the most played track at Tomorrowland in 2012. The Book of Wisdom was that year’s theme – this year Tomorrowland is celebrating its 15th anniversary and for this special occasion, The Book of Wisdom returns.
- 39. Tim Berg – Seek Bromance: first worldwide hit for Tim Berg, also known as Avicii. He changed his name permanently after this one.
- 31. Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso ft. Ryan Tedder – Calling: Alesso was discovered by Sebastian Ingrosso.
- 22. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike ft. Wolfpack – Ocarina: the TomorrowWorld anthem in 2013.
- 12. Swedish House Mafia – Don’t You Worry Child: the trio’s last single before they broke up. This track was nominated for Best Dance Recording at the Grammy Awards in 2013.
- 5. Martin Garrix – Animals: the Dutch superstar hits the list with 19 tracks, Animals is his highest one.
- 3. Avicii – Levels: Avicii’s first big hit and still one of his most famous songs.
- 2. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Moguai – Mammoth: with 28 tracks the Belgian brothers are in the list with the most tracks.
Want to relive the Tomorrowland Top 1000? Check out the entire list on tomorrowland.com or in the Tomorrowland app.